Backpacking Adventures | Sydney, Australia


hello blogger, internet,

I mentioned in my first blog that I wanted to use this blog as an opportunity to go through all my photos and document my travels. Well today is the first day of me doing that! I went through all my photos from when I went to South America back when I was on my tumblr blog and today I am starting with my next trip!

The year following my graduation I decided I wanted to go backpacking around Australia and New Zealand. I invited my best friend to accompany me and we decided to leave in September 2010 for three months. After we decided this, her brother decided to come. And then my other friend decided to come. And then his brother decided to come. Yes. 5 of us were going to spend 11 weeks together, backpacking through Australia and New Zealand. And so, September 6, 2010 we embarked on the trip of a lifetime.

First Stop: Sydney Australia

Unfortunately this particular post will be a little weak in content as I didn't take many photos in Sydney (WHAT! Crazy, I know) but I have an excuse. I was having WAY to much fun to be bothered with photo taking. We were very blessed to be able to stay with an amazing family that openly welcomed us into their home. They must be saints or something to have been willing to take in 5 Canadians they didn't know. I will forever be grateful for their generosity and hospitality. As someone who had never been away from home for longer than two weeks, being gone for 11 weeks was a big deal. The time spent at YVR before our departure was a tearful one. But onward I went and my oh my! What a time I had!

Sydney, Australia is a remarkably beautiful city and of all the cities I have been to, there are only 3 cities outside Canada I would be willing to live in. Sydney is one of them. It is a massive city and there are an endless amount of beaches you can go to. Everywhere you go is incredibly beautiful. I can't wait to go back one day!

-m.o



Max Brenner's Hot chocolate
(BEST CHOCOLATE PLACE IN THE WORLD)





Grass Carting
(One of the most fun things I have ever done)
Someone around Vancouver needs to get on this pronto!